Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Like A Rolling Stone...

It's true- a rolling stone may gather no moss.  But a stone that is hurtling down the face of a cliff at a million miles an hour gathers attention as it whizzes by.  I'm feeling like the later at this point.  Here's something you may have guessed about Dr. Westchesterson.  He doesn't mind attention.  He likes it.  It makes him feel good.  Like a Basset Hound getting it's belly rubbed.

As I type, the little music video that could is approaching 100,000 views.  I wondered if it would happen. Now I know it's going to happen.  Unless YouTube implodes upon itself under the weight of dreams of Pajer's grinders, Mrs. Murphy's donuts, White Hut cheeseburgers and Huke Lau Pu Pu Platters.

Yeah- that's what I dreamt of as I finally got some shut eye.

Sleep deprivation got the best of me yesterday and I nose dived around 2pm.  Complete system shutdown.  Eyelids slammed shut around 2pm.  But not before a call came in from Bo Sullivan at WHYN  560 AM radio.  That's right...I said AM.  It seems we've come close to exhausting opportunities on the FM band to get the word out that the 4-1-3 is a force to be reckoned with.  Bo's bombastic baritone beckoned me to the Clear Channel studios (again) at 7:30am Wednesday morning.

Wait...what day is today?

Anyway- slept like the dead for at least a couple of hours until my phone rang precisely at 4pm when Mike Dobbs called to interview me for the Chicopee Herald.  Like any good journalist, Mike was after the truth.  He was gracious and respectful as I playfully hid in the shadows, avoiding the piercing light emitted from his mighty writer's pen.  We went off the record for a bit.  Then back on.  He got the scoop he was after.

Well...more or less.

Things got even weirder when I received a call from Jim Madigan.  He's over at Public Television WGBY Channel 57.  He was interested in having me join them for an episode of their show, "Connecting Point".  Immediately my mind flashed to an image of me, sitting on a log next to Kermit the Frog duetting on "It Ain't Easy Bein' Green".  I'm not sure if Kermit is going to be there but if he is- I'm looking forward to meeting him.



1 comment:

  1. The colors orange and brown have never looked so good. Go get em Dr.!

    ReplyDelete